Guidelines for Approved Expenses
Approved Expense Guidelines
- Review the examples of approved expenses below;
- Complete the appropriate funding request form under the Grant Application; and
- Upon the completion of the activity, submit the appropriate expense and wrap up documents to the Foundation.
Examples of approved expenses for students and mentors include:
- Participation in the Engineering and Science Fair (regional, national, international)
- Participation in school-sponsored science fairs or similar programs
- Participation in scholastic competitions organized by established academic societies
- Participation in State Science Olympiad or Junior Science & Humanities competition
- Independent or collaborative research project leading to potential publication in a scholarly journal, or a poster presentation or oral presentation at a suitable event sponsored by an established academic society
- Encourage science field trip activities and related science exploratory activities
Specific instructions regarding expense procedures accompany each funding award. Receipts and expense records must be mailed to the Foundation mailing address. Guidelines upon receipt of funding award.